Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So as I was looking over my old blog post tonight, I realized I have never posted the originally story about my son. I also post blogs on myspace often. The originally story come from my posting on myspace. I felt today would be an appropriate time to reread this story and post it here. When I began blogging I never really thought writing would help in my healing process of losing a child, but it has. Not just has writing helped me, but reading so many other stories about other families that have lost their precious little ones. Each story I read touches my heart. I have read stories from those who are Christians, Mormons, and from those that do not claim a faith. Each story gives me a new sense of realization as well as a greater hope in my own Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you to all those mommies out there that are willing to share you story to help another in their own healing process. THANK YOU

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BRANDELL'S STORY

For those who are unaware, Bob and I experienced a lost that no parent wants to experience. Our coming addition passed away in the womb. I was able to give birth to my child May 23 (Friday afternoon), upon giving birth it was discovered we had a little boy, he weighed 1 ounce and measured 3 1/2 inches long. He was very precious. I was able to hold him and keep him with me throughout the night. Today after my DNC surgery to remove my placenta I was released from hospital and my husband and I were able to bury our little boy. His resting place is in a beautiful spot on my husband's parents land. There his fragile body lays, but in heaven his soul forever rejoices with his Maker, the Creator of everything. I have so many things I want to share, so many thoughts and feelings, so many secrets from our Lord and Savior. God really does give Beauty for ashes and strength for tears. As my little boy plays in heaven, my heart will be forever filled with his presence.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER Thought

My blog is titled AGAPE ROAD. This title comes from my son's second middle name. During my second pregnancy, I nicknamed my daughter Journey. So when I become pregnant with my son, I immediately wanted a nickname for him. How fitting that God had laid on my heart to give him the second middle name of Agape. My son had this name long before his delivery on May 23rd! Wow, can we say God knows everything, well in advance...

It has been through Agape Love of our Heavenly Father that I have been able to heal from this loss. Therefore in memory of my son, This is where I can write about our Agape Road.

No comments: