Friday, October 31, 2008

Not a Spirit of Fear

Tonight as I sat at my computer, I wonder one question. How many precious boys and girls are going to bed tonight with fear in their hearts. So many moms and dads this very night have allowed their sons and daughters to see images that can cause this very thing. Ghosts, Goblins, Witches, Vampires???? I have heard it so many times, "it's only for fun". Think about it this way. What impact will these images have in the days to come?

I have three small children. I continually pray each day that they never have to experience fear in their hearts. I remind my seven year old step son all the time, "God does not give us a spirit of fear, but a sound mind." Tonight as we drove from the church back to our home, after our children participated in the Harvest Hoe Down, I saw images that gave me the creeps. If these images/costumes creep me out what will they do to my children? As a mother all I want is for my children to feel safe and secure. I never once want them to feel afraid or worried that something bad is out to get them. I feel as parents we must be so careful in what images our precious babies are seeing. If the battlefield is the mind, than would Satan not bring the images of this gruesome holiday/Halloween to the forefront of our babies memories? I pray as the one that God has entrusted to take care of his children for their time on this earth that I never give Satan any room to set up a playground in their minds.

I understand that sometimes it is hard to avoid such images on a day like today and I am not saying to keep your children at home under lock and key. I am simply putting it out their to all parents to think about what images are going into the memory banks of your child's mind.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yep. Good connection.