Monday, October 13, 2008

My Love Letter To My Husband

Bobby,

For some reason today, I keep replaying in my mind the feelings I felt, nearly 4 years ago. Wow where has the time went to. I can't say this is the exact date, but I know it's pretty close to it.

The day I left my parents that fall morning, all I remember saying to myself was "i am going to get married", "I am going to be with the man of my dreams" I was so excited, I knew the promise from God was going to be fulfilled within a matter of time. I remember driving to Missouri thinking this move was so different, than all the other times, I had left. This time I knew I was never to return.

It's funny how God really does take us from one road to the other, just as the missionary spoke about patience last night, I can remember those words from our Father God during the months after my move back to Missouri that fall. Nothing was perfect, but in God's timing it would turn out to be the ultimate timing, that God intended all along.

I remember pulling up to your apartment, looking at myself in the mirror, making sure "I looked nice". and than I remember the feeling of great anticipation, I wanted to see you so bad, I wanted to be right there with you. Often we talk about when thinking about, about how i was suppose to move back at a later date but instead moved back within a matter of weeks, I guess I just couldn't wait to be with you any longer, I had waited long enough. I remember no one else and nothing else mattered to me, all I wanted was to be with Bob, I wanted to feel his touch, his warmth. Bob I love you so much.

Throughout the year that I was gone, I tried to move on, I tried to think about other people, but nothing worked, you were always right there in my mind. I can remember sitting in my office at the church I was working at thinking that maybe I could reconnect somehow, I remember speaking to Alicia on the phone, asking about you, wondering how you were doing. I remember sitting with a male friend in my home town on the hood of my car listening to him speak to me, but thinking of you the whole time, I remember this same male friend holding my hand, and as he held it, I wanted it to be you so bad, not him. I remember writing letters to you, but always throwing them away after writing them, feeling my efforts were no good. Than as mentioned already I remember that day that all my dreams an wishes were coming to past, I remember leaving home once again, I remember leaving a note behind at my male friends home, telling him I was leaving and not returning. Some choices come back to haunt us, but this choice never will. I made the right one that day. Leaving behind everything, leaving behind everyone's comments, and pursing the man God had intended for me. I never gave up, and I am glad that I never did. I am glad people's remarks never influenced my choices in any way. I am glad I kept coming, even when i was turned away. I am glad I kept listening to one and one voice alone. I am glad I keep seeking God, it was through seeking God that I found you. I am glad.

I know maybe I don't often tell you really how I feel about us, but when days like this roll around, I just can't help but express my true love for you.
You are such an amazing man.

thank you for being there throughout the last four years, alot has changed, our lives have changed. I can't imagine going through this life with anyone else but you. You are the person that has helped me stay strong in my faith and in myself. You are the one.

I love You!!!

No comments: